On Tuesday 14 August 2007, Mateus Interciso wrote:

> I need a level 2 routing, beacause of the damn IP Phone we have at the
> office.
> Here's the deal, first we had a win2003 server, doing the bridge, all
> worked, then we decided to put a linux box as a firewall and dhcp
> server, for this I've made a NAT, and some port forwarding, all worked
> except the ip phone, so I tryed the ip_conntrack_sip kernel module,
> same thing, then I tryed siproxd, same old problem. Then I tought:
> "Heck, first we had a bridge and it worked, so if I switch from NAT to
> bridging again, it must work right?". Then all hell broke loose,
> because I really can't get the internet to work on any client machine.
> They can ping the local machines, but no internet.
> So, basically, this is my problem.

From what you wrote previously, it seems that you're not using the right
commands to configure the bridge. After adding interfaces eth0 and eth1
to the bridge, you must stop referencing them. All the operations must
be done on the br0 interface, including the request for a DHCP address
(eg: dhclient/dhcpcd/whatever br0).
Moreover, now the linux box can not act as Internet gateway anymore
(unless it has some other connection to the Internet that you did not
mention). You must use your ISP's upstream router as default gateway (on
all the internal LAN boxes too).

What interfaces was the win2003 server using previously for bridging and
connecting to the Internet?