On Wednesday 15 August 2007 11:45, Hans-Werner Hilse wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 11:34:31 -0400 "Matthew R. Lee"
>
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > A friend of mine recently put a pdf on my pendrive using windows
> > vista.  When I plugged it into my laptop it wouldn't mount.  I got
> > the following output from dmesg:
> > [...]
>
> How is it mounted? fstab entry? CLI? please provide the options you're
> using. BTW, it's not all that common that those media types are NTFS.
> In most cases, VFAT is in use (is that compiled into your kernel? NLS
> support is currently missing from your kernel -- or not loaded
> automatically if compiled as a module).
>
> -hwh
I'm using udev-104-r13
Said pendrive worked fine prior to being inserted into the vista laptop
I recently compiled a new kernel 2.6.22-gentoo-r2 with all the same support
for file systems as the previous kernel, with the exception that I compiled
in support for ntfs.

--
Dr. Matthew R. Lee

[EMAIL PROTECTED]