Hi,

Coming back from the holidays I sync'd and when I try to emerge world, I
find messages like that:

Calculating world dependencies \
!!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "~kde-base/kdm-3.5.7" have been masked.
!!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your
request:
- kde-base/kdm-3.5.7 (masked by: ~x86 keyword)

For more information, see MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge man page
or refer to the Gentoo Handbook.
(dependency required by "kde-base/kdebase-meta-3.5.7" [ebuild])

I synced a couple of times but these messages related to kde updates
reappear, although related to different packages. Is there some trouble
in the version synchronization of the new kde ebuilds? Why does stable
kdebase-meta require an unstable package?

m.