b.n. <brullonulla <at> gmail.com> writes:

> - A matching, reasonably good mobo with a *perfectly ALSA supported*
> soundcard or a reasonably inexpensive (<60$) perfectly ALSA supported
> soundcard.

It'd be good for you to explicitly state what your want from a sound
card: stereo; stereo+subwoofer....<surround 7.1> all are possible and an
advanced sound matrix vi the pc are not that much more expensive. You can even
find these advanced sound chips on the mobo, if you do your research.

MSI has mobos around $100 USD with gig ethernet, and 7.1 audio, combined
with an amd64 processor, you'll never look back.

Personally, a 5.1 or 7.1 surround setup with a small sub-woofer, makes
the work area a much more pleasurable place to spend your time.
Go on and treat yourself to the uplifting experience of an advance
sound matrix........as it is the best money you can spend, in my
opinion.

James