Am Dienstag 21 August 2007 16:57:02 schrieb brullo nulla:
> > On 8/21/07, Alan E. Davis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I might add to avoid using on board video or video cards like my own, an
> > NVIDIA based LE 6200, that uses system RAM.  Even if you aren't doing
> > games. You are using only 1GB of RAM.
>
> Ok, so the specs that are coming out for the motherboard are:
> - amd x2 (what model of that? the brisbane? something that heats not
> too much would be better...)
> - supported Intel onboard video card with its own video RAM
> - good supported onboard audio with 5.1 surround
>
> What are the best matching choices you are aware of?
>
> And what about the cpu cooling fan?
>
> Thanks,
> m.

I could be wrong but I think there are no onboard graphics solutions with
dedicated video RAM. I don't think you'll lose much RAM anyway, maybe 128M.

There are AMD X2 with higher efficiency and therefore lower heat emission,
they have the suffix EE, BE or LV.

Talking about onboard audio, you should not have much to choose from, either
AC97 or Intel HD. Both should be okay (as long as you are not at least
semi-professional). I've heard about trouble with Intel HD because they are
not all the same but most offer AC97 compatibility as a fall back.

Concerning the fan, you could stick with the boxed cooler, it's better than
the Intel. If you need a cheap silent thing, the Aerocool XFire is okay.
I would stay away from the tower design (the ones blowing from the front to
the back instead of blowing towards the chip). They are usually more
efficient but they do not cooler the CPU's surrounding which can overheat.