On Tuesday 28 August 2007, Mick wrote:
> > ch* and other user/group related commands out of sys-apps/coreutils
>
> There you go!  I learn something new every day.  I used to modify
> these files by hand and now I find out that there's a batch command
> available too.

heh, I know the feeling. My day job is delivering red hat courses, and
when I tell dudes in the classroom to just do what we've done on *nix
for years and hand edit /etc/group (usermod -G and gpasswd -a are just
too painful to use...) they all look at me like I just stepped off a
flying saucer fresh from Mars....

alan

--
Optimists say the glass is half full,