Alan McKinnon wrote:
On Wednesday 29 August 2007, Ernie Schroder wrote:
I have installed E17 and it's very cool, especially with composite. I
am running into a problem though. When running KDE apps, from time to
time, I have to remove ~/.ICEauthority to get them to start. Is this
something I'll have to live with? Or, is there a fix?

Which apps do this, and are there any errors printed?

I too run e17 and often find konqueror and kontact just hang there and do nothing. Lately kopete is doing the same. So far I haven't found an actual reason for this and have been resorting to the drastic step of 'killall dcopserver' to "fix" it.

alan

I found that composite being enabled in Xorg was the cause of Xine hanging for me, much like you describe.
I removed it and now Xine works great.

                                Sean