Hi. I just tried to update to the new "stable" samba 3.025c and noticed two
problems:

- the init script does not work (known bug #191647)

- after fixing the init script, the Windows box (XP SP2) can no longer
connect to shared directories despite the new server being visible and
browseable. Strangely enough, connecting to the server via smbclient (on
the server itself) works fine. Restarting the Windows box does not help
and should not be necessary either.

After reverting back to 3.0.24-r3 the directories immediately become
accessible again to the Windows box. Does anybody else see this problem?
log.smbd just says that the connection in question was closed so I suspect
segfaults but have not yet investigated further.

Holger