>> Thanks for your answer, i will try if i can get it working like this
>> but randr doesn't seem to work on the secondary device. I have heard
>> that nvidia cards doesn't support randr 1.2 so i will give it a try
>> with randr disabled in my configuration.
>
> I don't have nvidia so can't comment (I810)
>
>> One thing is that i want the two screens (where i can move between
>> with the mouse) avaialable not only one.
>
> I would guess randr supports that since it does have offsets (--pos)

Hi Allan,

thanks for your efforts.

Just an update, i have found a temporary solution, which works until the
next restart.

When i launch the "Nvidia X Server Settings" under "X Server Display
Configuration". There is a button "Detect devices". When the external TV
is connected and i hit this button the screen is updated and displayed
as usual. So all is fine until the next boot. Then i have do do this
again. At least there is hope. Maybe there is a configuration option to
make it permanently.

Regards,

Daniel