On Sat, 2007-09-15 at 04:08 +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:

> >> What PVR board do you have? 150,250,350,500?
> >>
> >> What did you configure as the playback device?
> >>
> >> Does mplayer playback video files smoothly on that machine?
>
> > As for the PVR, it's a 250.  mplayer plays videos smoothly,
> > yes.
>
> Does mplayer say it's using the Xv output device?  Something
> like this?
>
>   VO: [xv] 512x384 => 512x384 Planar YV12

In gmplayer, the driver it claims to use is xv X11/Xv.  It doesn't give
me the rest of that information you asked for in the interface.  Where
would it be?
> Does mplayer play the MythTV recordings smoothly?

LiveTV is smooth.  I recorded something last night that looked smooth to
me at the beginning, so it might be fixed.  I won't know for sure until
we watch the recording later today...