Walter Dnes wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 01:35:24PM +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote
>

>> Did you change ISPs when moving? Does your new ISP block rsync traffic?
>>

>   Bingo.  Same ISP.  Things worked OK after the move for about a month
> after the move.  Since about Sept 8th, however, I haven't been able to
> send out email via my broadband ISP.  I've had to fall back to my dialup
> ISP, which I deliberately use a different provider for.  Their name, and
> website, is 295.ca so guess how much they charge per month.
>
>   Anyhow, I just ran a successful emerge --sync via dialup.  I have some
> complaining to do.

This may not be the problem in your case but when I ran into that
problem on a second machine, my mobo was bad.  I suspect it had
something to do with the PCI bus on mine.  I also found some bad ram on
there too which makes me think maybe a surge hit it or something.

In my case, I tried several different ethernet cards with no help.

Just a thought.

Dale