> > Last night my host sent out a message that their database had been
> > compromised.  I contacted them this morning and it turns out that all
> > of their trouble tickets were exposed.  I checked my records and
> > (stupidly) I had included my root password in an email to them about a
> > year ago.  I (stupidly) hadn't changed the password since.  I've
> > changed it now and rebooted the system, but what do you think?  Do I
> > need to start this thing over?
>
> equery check sys-process/procps
> equery check sys-apps/coreutils

These check out.

> Make sure that none of the executable files have changed.
>
> Also, emerge and run app-forensics/rkhunter

chkrootkit reports no problems whatsoever which is actually kind of
weird as I remember some things being reported last time I ran it, but
I looked into them then and they weren't a problem.

rkhunter reports no problems but it says it couldn't determine the OS
so MD5 checks were skipped.

- Grant