Hello Daniel Pielmeier,

> > Is it really necessary to back up /sys and /proc?  What about /dev?
>
> I don't think it is necessary but it will consume almost no disk space
> so I don't worry.

/proc/kcore can get rather large. You are not only using the disk space
when backing up, but when restoring too. If you have 4GB of RAM, you will
waste 4GB of your root partition when you restore /proc/kmem, which could
be a problem if root is only a few hundred MB.

The --one-filesystem option would be useful here. I prefer to back up
each filesystem separately, since the main planned use for them is a
hosed filesystem I would hope to need only one of them (at most).

--
Neil Bothwick

We are sorry, but the number you have dialed is imaginary.