If you have iptables available in your kernel, a quick manual step could be
to block all traffic incoming from that IP address. A statement like the
following could work:

iptables -I INPUT -s XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX -j DROP

(This drops all traffic coming from IP address XXX... effectively, it simply
looses the network packets and doesn't respond to it any more.)

Of course this is a one time only, manual thing. There may also be
processes/applications that automatically block unwanted IP traffic. Maybe
somebody else may suggest such a solution (I'm not that familiar with this).

Cheers,
Joost