I'm getting an error when update world tries to install sys-libs/pam
that tell me this:

>>> Merging sys-libs/pam-0.99.8.1-r1 to /
 *
 * Your current setup is using one or more of the following modules,
 * that are not built or supported anymore:
 * pam_pwdb, pam_radius, pam_timestamp
 * If you are in real need for these modules, please contact the maintainers
 * of PAM through http://bugs.gentoo.org/ providing information about its
 * use cases.
 *
 * ERROR: sys-libs/pam-0.99.8.1-r1 failed.
 * Call stack:
 *                ebuild.sh, line 1703:  Called dyn_preinst
 *                ebuild.sh, line 1142:  Called pkg_preinst
 *   pam-0.99.8.1-r1.ebuild, line  162:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *      check_old_modules || die "deprecated PAM modules still used"
 *  The die message:
 *   deprecated PAM modules still used

Apparently I need to remove one or more of those listed but having a
time finding them.

equery files pam  turns up nothing with those names
equery list|grep  shows no promising hits on pwdb, radius or timestamp

I did find a pwdb package but it shows no hits on those names either.

How might I track this down?  Or is the error really about something
else?