On Sat, Oct 13, 2007 at 11:24:11AM -0300, Penguin Lover Danilo Marcelo squawked:
> yesterday i did a kernel update using emerge gentoo-sources, but i have
> other drivers, like ieee80211 and ipw2200 which was installed using old
> kernel.
> How can i rollback the kernel update? Can i use emerge -C gentoo-sources to
> do this?

emerging a kernel source just unpacks it to /usr/src/
It doesn't actually compile it.
Furthermore, by default kernel sources are slotted, so your old
sources should still be in /usr/src
And unless you have set the symlink use variable, /usr/src/linux
should still point to your old sources.

So in short:
  1) You have not actually compiled/installed/booted a new kernel. So
  I am not sure what you are worried about.
  2) Even after you compiled the new kernel, unless you explicitly
  remove the old sources (the suggested way is to rm -rf
  /usr/src/[insert directory here] followed by emerge --unmerge =the
  particular version of that source) it would still be on your system,
  so you shouldn't need to do anything special to 'rollback'

Pintsize: It's hard to get a lady to evaluate to true.
Sortir en Pantoufles: up 309 days, 13:44