Eric W Phillips schrieb:
I have been trying to install firefox extensions and kept getting timeout errors. I have since discovered that I am unable to download files over an ssl (https://) encrypted connection using Firefox or Konqueror. I have not been able to find any help on this issue, where should I look in my system to resolve this. I was able to install a Firefox extension from a local location that I downloaded with a different computer.

- Does wget work?

- Are gnutls and openssl installed?

- Did you use revdep-rebuild (part of gentoolkit)?

- Are you able to visit https sites? Are only downloads affected?