On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 23:32:13 -0300
Davi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Em Qui 25 Out 2007, Iain Buchanan escreveu:
> > On Sat, 2007-10-20 at 17:23 +0300, Stratos Psomadakis wrote:
> > > O/H Michael Sullivan έγραψε:
> [...]
> > > and of course start distccd in each partitipating pc...
> >
> > but after all that, some ebuilds don't let you use distcc because it
> > seems to break them.  So don't expect it to work for everything.
> >

> # FEATURES="-distcc" emerge --ask --resume
>
>       will be your friend... :-)

Another option is to nfs-mount the client's hard drive on the fast
box,  bind a portage tree into the filesystem, chroot & proceed to
emerge.

Or you could build the whole filesystem on the server, and push changes
out to the client with rsync or some such thing.  I don't know how to
use rsync for this, but I believe it's what it's for.