Hi,

On Thu, 8 Nov 2007 08:02:58 -0800 Grant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > I think net-analyzer/rrdtool will probably come close to this.
> > > It's used by many other solutions, so you'll find a lot of
> > > examples on the Web.
> >
> > +1 to rrdtool.  At my company, we set up rrdtool to graph 100's of
> > graphs per day on all sorts of data from different sources.  It's
> > very customisable, if you want to spend the time on it.  I also
> > found the creator and forum very supportive.
>
> Is it difficult to plug in data from sources different sources?

That depends on the difficulty to aquire this data. rrdtool is
basically a database which allows round-robin storage (old data times
out) combined with some statistical abilities -- and also has a
graphing component. It's your job to e.g. set up cron jobs or daemons
which feed the data into it. You would create databases for each
monitored entity (or group of entities for the same concept) and then
write data into it. Then, on the other side, you could e.g. call it to
create graphs that are being served via CGI, written to the desktop,
whatever.

-hwh