hey all,

Recently, I set up a local news server and want to fetch news by using
vixie cron. For security, I want to drop root to news ( only news and
root can run fetchnews). So I add one line in crontab by using
"crontab -e":

*/5 * * * * news fetchnews

Actually, I just follow the examples from previous lines, which are

0  *  * * *     root    rm -f /var/spool/cron/lastrun/cron.hourly
1  3  * * *     root    rm -f /var/spool/cron/lastrun/cron.daily
15 4  * * 6     root    rm -f /var/spool/cron/lastrun/cron.weekly
30 5  1 * *     root    rm -f /var/spool/cron/lastrun/cron.monthly
*/10  *  * * *  root    test -x /usr/sbin/run-crons &&
/usr/sbin/run-crons

But, vixie seem cannot tell the user name from command, every time it
will send me an system email says that root/news command not find.

Can anybody tell me why it is so? Does vixie support to specify the
user who run the command. Thank you.

If not, is this a small bug in vixie ( when I read
/usr/share/doc/vixie*/crontab.bz2, I saw exactly the same configuration)?