Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree.  I want to have a record of my
specimens and preparations, in a format that can be retrieved in various
ways, sorted, and printed.  A record, like a card file.  Nothing
compilcated, don't need a server.  I'm thinking emacs data base.  I guess I
want database functionality without the complexities.

Alan