Hi Group,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I have problems with my clipboard, that I never experienced with other Linux distributions: If I do 'mark text; Ctrl-c; mark different text; Ctrl-v' e.g. in Eclipse the second selection is not overwritten by the content of the first selection.

It seems that the clipboard content is overwritten as soon as I mark text. This behaviour is not depending on the window manager/ desktop environment (I tried fvwm and kde), so it is probably some X configuration stuff. As far as I have understood, there are 2 different clipboards with one being changed as soon as you mark text (pasting at mouse-middle-click) and the other is changed by pressing Ctrl-c (pasting at Ctrl-v). Is that correct?

If so, then it seems that for me mouse-selection and Ctrl-c write into the same buffer. Can anyone give me a hint, where to look for the possibility to change this behaviour?
I just wanted to tell you, that I solved the problem now. Starting with the answer that the clipboard in KDE is configurable to use different buffers, I changed this setting and it worked then in KDE.

After that I tried to work out, why it didn't work in fvwm over then, but I simply couldn't reproduce this behaviour. My apologies for the wrong starting point in the discussion. The problem was simply a KDE problem and nothing else.

Cheers,
        Heinz