On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 10:07:10PM +0000, Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 13:53:10 -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > These web pages use Javascript; some render so-so without javascript,
> > some don't render at all well.  What I would like is some firefox (or
> > Konqueror or ...)  command line option to render the page and save it
> > as any other format -- jpg, pdf, ps, doesn't matter.
>
> You could probably do this with a shell script that loads Konqueror with
> the given URL and send it DCOP command(s) to print.

I have been fooling around with this and following some of the google
treasure, and it is a decent substitute for the nice simple command
line options that I want.  But it has a few problems:

1.  The 'print' DCOP command pops up the print menu and requires at
    least one click.  I can set the print type (to PDF file) and the
    default file name ahead of time, but I still have to click on
    "Print".

2.  When I pass it the URL to display, it returns immediately, and I
    have to insert a sleep to wait before sending the print command.
    Is there any way to find out when the page is complete?

3.  If I put in a one minute pause to allow even the slowest web sites
    to fully load, that limits how many of these URLs I can process.
    Is there any way to run multiple konqueror sessions at once?

#1 is a real show stopper.  The others are merely annoying.

     Felix Finch: scarecrow repairman & rocket surgeon / [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  GPG = E987 4493 C860 246C 3B1E  6477 7838 76E9 182E 8151 ITAR license #4933