Jerry McBride wrote:
Anyone here noticed how badly Audacious 1.4.2 is? I get random crashes and a host of other problems... something never experienced with XMMS.

I traded a few emails over Audacious and it seems as though it sports a new (improved) thread model. Once I humbly suggested the "new model" has some warts... the email trade stopped.
How do you report problems to the authors, if they won't listen?

Not the best is it? I had quite a collection of fiddly problems with Audacious a while back after XMMS was retired from FreeBSD[1], and switched to using (g)mplayer instead. It is not as flexible as XMMS... but its sound quality is better I think!

[1] I use Gentoo on a server, FreeBSD as workstation