Grant написа:
>> I'd like to create a really restricted user on my laptop.  I don't
>> want the user to be able to do much of anything but browse the web,
>> use skype, and maybe look at photos on a CD or something.  I did this:
>>
>> useradd -m -G users,audio,cdrom -s /sbin/nologin newuser
>>
>> How does that look?  I've noticed when adding this kind of a user in
>> the past they are able to look at files all around the system that I'd
>> prefer they can't.  Is there a good method for restricting that?
>> Maybe remove the users group?  Is a weak password OK with this setup
>> since there's no shell access?
>
> Apparently -s /sbin/nologin wasn't such a good idea since the user
> then can't log in via GDM.  Makes sense.  I want the user to be able
> to log in via GDM but not via ssh.  Is that configured in ssh?
>
> - Grant
Hi Grant,

Googling with 'restricted shell' returns some hints:
1.rsh (restricted shell) - looks that it's rather easy exit from it;
2.rssh - works with openssh (allows scp, sftp, rdist, rsync, and cvs);
3. rbash or bash with --restricted IIRC option;
4. check "zsh -r" vaguely remember the syntax, check about festures.
HTH. Rumen