On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 01:05:08 +0100, b.n. wrote:

> Florian Philipp ha scritto:
>
>> Other things to improve? A better documentation on USE-flags. In my
>> opinion every maintainer should provide as much information as possible
>> on what exactly a USE-flag changes. At the moment it's the
>> administrator's responsibility to find this out. Not really a good idea
>> on production systems if you ask me ...
>
> +1
>
> m.

Good news then as a scheme for this has been proposed and partially
implemented: http://blog.cardoe.com/archives/2007/11/19/use-flag-metadata/

It was decided in the last council meeting to keep this scheme: http://
www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/meeting-logs/20071213-summary.txt

This only provides the information, it may take some time before user-
facing tools (such as euse) expose this information, and obviously
developers need to add the information.

Kind regards,

Hans