The current version of nvidia-drivers I have installed is pretty old
but it's the last one I've found that will display the resolution of
my monitor correctly at 1366x768.  The later versions insist on
1280x768 I think.  I need to re-compile the nvidia module since I'm
upgrading the kernel, but how can I do that if there is no ebuild?  I
use 'eclean distfiles' regularly and apparently eclean will delete the
distfile of an installed program since the distfile for the version of
nvidia-drivers I have installed doesn't exist in
/usr/portage/distfiles.

I would at least try to get the right resolution working with the
latest nvidia-drivers but I don't think I'll be able to revert back to
the old version since 'emerge -K =nvidia-drivers-1.0.9639' doesn't
work.  I'm not sure why since I've always had FEATURES="buildpkg" set.
 Can I build a binary package now in case I need to revert?

- Grant