Florian Philipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> There's a reason for the existence of genkernel - it's so that you don't
>> have to go through all this pain and suffering, and can instead remove
>> stuff a bit at a time with reasonable confidence it won;t blow up in
>> your face :-)
>>

> There is a fairly easy trick to get rid of pointless options like unused
> drivers even if you are not sure about your hardware or the kernel
> options themselves:
> Compile them as modules, then boot the new kernel. If the modules don't
> get loaded (lsmod is your friend) and everything works fine, throw them
> out of your configuration.

Nice... a small question: how do you keep up with what gets installed?
Do you ferret them out at /lib/modules with cmds like
find . -name '*.ko'

Or is there a log created at compile time.. or maybe create one like
make modules_intall >mymod.log.  Just thinking outload.

Following a `genkernal all' I saw a very big list get installed but didn't
think to log them.

I guess it would be harmless to just run the `make modules_intall' part
again and catch a list.