Because there have been a lot of questions lately about exactly what is
happening, I refer you to these links for further reading.  Note I don't
explicitly (dis)agree with any of it, I'm just point it out.

Daniel Robbins blog:
http://blog.funtoo.org/2008/01/and-it-gets-worse.html
http://blog.funtoo.org/2008/01/here-my-offer.html

Should his offer be accepted?
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-644321.html

"Problems at Gentoo"
started by:
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-4721372.html#4721372
listed at:
http://gentoo-wiki.com/Problems_at_Gentoo
announced:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.project/213
discussed at:
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-4721366.html#4721366

Discussion on Slashdot:
http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/01/12/0152208

The last council meeting (note, no mention of DR)
summary:
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/meeting-logs/20080110-summary.txt
log:
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/meeting-logs/20080110.txt

Various bits of old news:
http://opensource.sys-con.com/read/44614.htm

I hope this gives some references to answering some questions about
what's happening.  And don't stress about Gentoo dying tomorrow.  If it
is going to die, it won't be for a while.

cya,

"How to make a million dollars:  First, get a million dollars."
-- Steve Martin