Dale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>>

>>> There is a wiki article http://gentoo-wiki.com/PortageFileList which
>>> contains a python script, which sends updates from ones personal box to the
>>> database server. As this project community dependent a lot of users should
>>> help to update the database.
>>>

>> That script fails here... I suppose the site has a bug report or help
>> link there somewhere.  Or I guess a wiki input scheme... I've never
>> actually used a wiki in that way before.
>>
>> Very nice site though... many times over the last 3 or so years I could
>> have used this..  Thanks gentoo community.
>>

> I ran the script here and it worked fine.  Did you run it as root?  Also
> make it executable too.

I did those things as matter of course.  It think its a directory at
/var/db/pkg/sus-libs/ that is empty that is causing the grief.

It also appears to have a funky name from some kind of error
somewhere.

/var/db/pkg/sys-libs/-MERGING-pam-0.99.8.1-r1

If I knew anything about python I might try fixing it since a well
written script ought not to cave on an empty directory.

But since I don't I just moved the directory. :)