--- Uwe Thiem <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 22 January 2008, Wayn0 wrote:
> > Now back on topic, I have never really been a KDE users in the
> past.
> > I always stuck to openbox or GNOME. However there seems to be a lot
> of
> > hype around the new KDE and I think I am gonna give it a go.
> KDE 4.0.0 is far from being as feature-rich as 3.5.x. It also has
> some rough
> edges and bugs. Try it out but don't be too disappointed. See it as
> the
> starting point of a long series of instalments. Hopefully, 4.0.1 will
> have
> most bugs ironed out. As for features, we will have to wait for 4.1.
> But,
> yeah, give it a try.

Ok, so this is the first time I'm watching this (i.e. package upgrade
like this) happen for Gentoo - or really any distro since I use to just
grab the stuff from original source and install it based on latest
stable, pretty much ignoring the package management systems. (Yeah, I
used Slackware; now converted to Gentoo.)

Any how...I'd like to play with KDE4 - namely for Dolphin as Konquerer
drives me nuts for file system stuff, but I'm not wanting to do an
overlay (at least, not yet - may be after I've used Gentoo for a while
longer on my desktop). So I was wondering what kind of time frame would
be likely for getting KDE4 to be pushed to testing and then to open
availability. A couple months? Just curious.

I noticed it finally showed up as a hard mask.

TIA,

Ben