Elias Probst skrev:
> Am Sonntag, 27. Januar 2008 14:54:15 schrieb Erik:
>
>> I need to find the difference between images (like the text-file diff
>> command, but for RGBA images). I tried "compare A.png A.png
>> difference.png". This should obviously produce some kind of blank image
>> because A.png and A.png are the same file, but for some weird reason the
>> produced difference.png has recognizable content! Is there a fix for
>> that bug or any other image diff program that is sane?
>>
> The easiest way for doing this, is using GIMP.
> - Use one layer for each image
> - Use the 'Subtract' mode for displaying the second layer

Not sure how to do this. I am not a graphic artist. But I just open it
with "gimp a.png b.png" and press Ctrl-C in one image, switch to the
other and press Ctrl-V. That seems to create a second layer. Then I have
no idea what to do.

A simple command would be useful. I might have to regression-test 1000
images in a svn commit because some of them seem to have been modified
by optipng.