On Saturday 02 February 2008, Dale wrote:
> > on reflection, it would probably have been easier for maxim to just
> > reinstall the box. But then again he learned a heap of stuff that's
> > hard to learn any other way
> >
> Yea, if it breaks again, he's going to have a lot more ammo to work
> with.

Or, in the tried and trusted Unix tradition of 37 years, when he breaks
it himself next time he gets to keep both pieces AND have the glue that
puts them back together :-)

Sometimes I find myself deliberately breaking stuff just to see if I can
fix it. Try this one, it's not as easy as it looks:

emerge busybox to / on a machine in use without making symlinks
Now emerge something. You get an impressive error message.

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com