On Fri, 2008-02-08 at 08:22 +0100, Thomas Kahle wrote:

> > What happens if you suspend to disk, then take the battery out for a few
> > minutes or more - can you resume?  (put it back in of course)
> Yes it does come back. I have to see if there it is eating battery after
> putting it back in. Probably not, I think just something is not turned
> of when going to sleep...

well, AFAIK suspend and poweroff both actually power off the same way,
so I don't understand why this only happens when you suspend.  The only
difference I can see is that in one case you unload modules and call
init stop scripts.  Perhaps unload the network module or stop a few
scripts before suspending and see what happends.

So, what can drain power while turned off?  There's WOL, WOM, and ? Did
you check that these wake up features are turned off in the BIOS?

HTH,

What causes the mysterious death of everyone?