On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 11:53:31 -0800
Grant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > my guess is that courier hasn't been told where to look for the
> > mails. If you can see them from squirrelmail but not imap, that's
> > probably the problem.
>
> But squirrelmail doesn't work if I stop imapd, so imapd must know
> where the mail is and squirrelmail must be using imapd right?

Seems logical to me.  ... yeah, isn't it really just a web-based imap
client?  Make sure the same imap daemon is running.

> > furthermore you can diagnose connection problems seperately from
> > missing mail problems. ( claws-mail has a convenient log feature for
> > connections.   )  you may not be able to connect at all if you don't
> > make yourself a cert.  (you probably read about that)
>
> Is that .claws-mail/claws.log?  That file is 0 bytes for me.

There should be a log option when connections fail; then the text comes
up in a dialog box.

> >  i am not using mysql, just plain maildirs. I don't remember
> > the howto I followed anymore (there seems to be so many) here's some
> > relevant config files, I hope they help you. Selections from the
> > directories in /etc have been provided here:
>
> I'm not using mysql either.  I was just using pieces from that howto.
OK, good.
> - Grant
>

> > http://spore.ath.cx/~dan/confing/mail/

Did any of the configs help you?  I would make sure the program I
thought was running on the port I was connection to, if I were you.