On Wednesday 13 February 2008, Dmitry S. Makovey wrote:
> oh, and for whatever reason wine performs better under 64 bit OS
> rather than 32. Don't have any other proof then my own experience but
> Diablo LOD runs much smoother once I've rebuilt my system with 64bit
> with the same useflags and everything else.

Now that is very interesting. I have no idea why, but perhaps it's to do
with getting Linux's and Wine's memory layout models to coexist in the
same space. They are mutually incompatible to Wine has to do some
amazing stuff to get it to work. Perhaps 64 bit presents a saner linear
memory model than 32 bit and so Wine has more breathing wrong.

But I'm just guessing actually ;-)

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com