This One Time, at Band Camp, Florian Philipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said, On Sat,
Feb 16, 2008 at 06:22:13PM +0100:

> > > I use reiserfs3.6 without notail but that doesn't mean that it would be
> > > a good choice for you. I'm on laptop and disk space efficiency is a big
> > > topic for me so I use tail-packing wherever suitable. And yes, I am a
> > > fan of ReiserFS-3.6. I think it's the best multipurpose FS. You can
> > > easily adapt it for high performance or high disk space efficiency. If
> > > its journaling would be as good as Ext3's data=journal I'd use it
> > > everywhere except for small partitions (ext2) and big files (ext3 and
> > > xfs).

> > > Yes, it's just as good and the sky's the limit for resizing :)
> > > Oh, by the way: If you choose to use XFS somewhere, keep in mind that
> > > you can't shrink and XFS-FS. Neither online nor offline.

> > > One last thing: It's a bit old but I think it's still interesting,
> > > especially for XFS-users:

> > > http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1479435

> > Thank you for your detailed answer it helped a lot, I just finished
> > resizing/migrating all partitions, Though I still have the Storage
> > partition, which is for my Mp3z and is almost 70Gb, with ext3, I'll
> > see later if I do migrate to ReiserFS or not but the rest is done,
> > please take a look at the file attached... and if you have any more
> > suggestions please do tell me.

> You could use the noatime mount option on all your partitions. With
> atimes enabled, every time you read a file, its (mostly useless) access
> time is updated which results in a write action. The only program that I
> know to use atimes is mutt (for mail spools only).

> You could also take a look at the link I've posted in my last message.
> It contains useful mount options for XFS.

Thank you for the TIP as well, I added noatime to all partitions
except for /home because mutt keeps imap cache on it, I'm not sure if
it's atime depending or not I should probably check it out though...

Thanks :)

--
Wael Nasreddine
http://wael.nasreddine.com

.: An infinite number of monkeys typing into GNU emacs,
   would never make a good program. (L. Torvalds 1995) :.