    me> The touchpad on my Acer laptop has stopped working in X after a
    me> recent `emerge -uD world'.

OK, chalk this one up to luser error.  My laptop has a function key to
turn the touchpad on/off, and amazingly enough the touchpad is
responding again.  Thanks for the responses --

--
Michael J. Barillier   ///   http://www.blackwolfinfosys.net/~blackwolf/
_O_|  Greenspun's Tenth Rule of Programming: "Any sufficiently