Alexander Puchmayr wrote:
Hi there!

I tried to (re-)emerge net-print/cups-1.2.12-r4 and I get the following output:

<  SNIP  >

It seems as if in econf the line "--with-bindnow=$(bindnow-flags)" directly inserts the warning from QA into configure-arguments ...
Any suggestions?

Thanks
        Alex

I'm not sure if it will help or not but I re-emerged mine and noticed this at the end:

* Remote printing: change
* Listen localhost:631
* Listen *:631
* in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf

* For more information about installing a printer take a look at:
* http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/printing-howto.xml.

*
* /usr/lib/cups exists - You need to remerge every ebuild that
* installed into /usr/lib/cups and /etc/cups, qfile is in portage-utils:
* # FEATURES=-collision-protect emerge -va1 $(qfile -qC /usr/lib/cups /etc/cups | sed "s:net-print/cups$::")
*
* FEATURES=-collision-protect is needed to overwrite the compatibility
* symlinks installed by this package, it wont be needed on later merges.
* You should also run revdep-rebuild
ln: creating symbolic link `//usr/libexec/cups/backend/smb': File exists
>>> Regenerating /etc/ld.so.cache...
>>> net-print/cups-1.2.12-r4 merged.

>>> No packages selected for removal by clean
>>> Auto-cleaning packages...

>>> No outdated packages were found on your system.
* GNU info directory index is up-to-date.

Is it possible that you need to re-emerge other packages that installed in /usr/libs/cups by chance? My re-emerge went fine so I would *think* the ebuild would be OK. I could be wrong tho.

When I ran the command portage gave, I got this:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] / # FEATURES=-collision-protect emerge -va1 $(qfile -qC /usr/lib/cups /etc/cups | sed "s:net-print/cups$::")

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild R ] app-text/ghostscript-gpl-8.61-r1 USE="X cups gtk jpeg2k -bindist -cjk -djvu" 0 kB

Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 kB

Would you like to merge these packages? [Yes/No]