On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 14:47:36 +0000
Neil Bothwick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 09:32:25 -0500, Kenneth Prugh wrote:
>
> > yawn, and if the download was invalid it would most likely fail to
> > untar or something similar. I fail to see the point.
>
> That's because you are assuming that all file corruption is
> accidental, whereas the manifest system is designed to protect
> against malicious corruption.
>
> > I also remember why I hate this mailing list and usually just mark
> > all read.
>
> That is safer that advising people to override portage's security
> precautions.

You're right I was assuming it was accidental. I also falsely assumed
he already tried another mirror of the file.

I also don't think straight without breakfast, so I'm sorry about the
last email.. it wasn't very professional of me :>

On a side note: the reason I hate -user is it completely breaks claws
when it tries to thread it if there are unread :9. May need to nuke it
and regenerate everything from scratch.

--
Ken69267
Gentoo AMD64 AT