On Sun, 2008-02-17 at 12:03 -0800, Grant wrote:
> Good points Albert.  Is a daily 'emerge --sync && emerge -avDuN world'
> generally enough as far as tracking security vulnerabilities?
>
> - Grant

That's not really for me to say.  But I can tell you that although the
Gentoo developers take matters of security seriously, there is no
full-time security tracker.  Sometimes things don't get patched in
portage until someone (else) creates a bug report.  And even if that
were not the case, there are 0-day exploits that have yet to be patched.

So it really depends on how informed/paranoid you are about what you
have accepting requests from the Internet.