On Saturday 23 February 2008, Erik wrote:
> Alan McKinnon skrev:

> > This looks like a --bdeps situation.
>
> That was it, thanks!
>
> > I can think of two ways to accomplish what you are asking for
> >
> > - use "--with-bdeps y" or include it in EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS
> > - put klibc in world
>
> I did the first way. Now I can run "emerge -ef world;eclean
> --destructive distfiles" repeatedly without anything being
> downloaded. (The second way is not what I want. The only reason I
> have klibc is to build v86d.)

Cool, I'm glad we got to the bottom of it.

I keep forgetting about --with-bdeps myself. Like you, I usually assume
that emerge world will just handle everything, maybe because that was
the only way for a very long time. It was several posts before I even
remembered that the option exists!

I wonder if there isn't a way to get emerge to list build deps that
won't be applied. Perhaps something like an extra "l" argument
to --with-bdeps that will list them if present, but not apply them. I
would find that useful, I like to know what portage won't do as well as
what it will do.

Anyone know if this info is available and how to get it?

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com