On Friday 22 February 2008 16:22:34 Grant wrote:

> >  Too bad that 'oldconfig' isn't always working :-(
>
> Is there a better way to update the config for a new kernel?

What I do is to run menuconfig against the most recent .config, and search
(visually) for items marked [NEW] and read their Help pages. That does mean
lots of following of ---> links to subsidiary pages, but at least it takes
less time than looking at everything all over again. And it does avoid
using oldconfig, which I've heard rumours about.

--
Rgds
Peter