On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 01:17:03PM +0100, Penguin Lover Henry Gebhardt squawked:
>  I also have a nVidia 440 Go with the same problem. I fixed by
> including the line
>
>     Option         "UseDisplayDevice" "DFP"
>
> in the "Screen" section of /etc/X11/xorg.xonf. However, now I can't
> use an external Monitor/Beamer.

Ah! That could be it. Sounds familiar.

I've never tried connecting an external monitor or beamer, but have
you tried connecting the monitor, either commenting out the above line or
change it to "CRT" instead of "DFP", and starting x? From my
understanding, the problem is probably the driver trying to output, by
default, to the non-existing beamer/extern monitor. Your fix
effectively tells the driver to ignore all CRT devices and just output
to the DFP...

BOOK    There is a theory which states that if ever anyone
discovers
        exactly what the Universe is for and why it is
here, it will
        instantly disappear and be replaced by something
even more
        bizarrely inexeplicable.
        There is another theory which states that this has
already happened.

- Introduction to Fit the Seventh.
Sortir en Pantoufles: up 453 days, 13:47