+++ Florian Philipp [gentoo-user] [Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 10:00:20PM +0100]:
> On Sat, 2008-03-15 at 15:21 -0400, Andrew MacKenzie wrote:
> > Then it just hangs.  CD can pop out and everything.  Can anyone give me any
> > idea what's going wrong?
> Typically, adding the boot parameter noapic (not noapci!) is the first
> thing one should try.

Good suggestions.  I tried a few different parameters and it seems "nosmp"
gets it booting.  I think Linux is getting a little confused with the
'missing' CPU?  Either way it seems to work now.

Thanks!

--
// Andrew MacKenzie  |  http://www.edespot.com
// GPG public key: http://www.edespot.com/~amackenz/public.key