cypherstrong wrote:
Ok I have found why kdm-4.0 don't work

They doesn't support seamless login over pam even with nullpassword and
nopassword activated !!!
I use pamusb with a key, and login won't done without password sets ...
I will ask to kde team why ...

I have look in kdm.log and I have found another problem

(II) Module already built-in
(II) Module already built-in
(II) Module already built-in
(EE) VIA(0): [drm] drmAgpAcquire failed 19
expected keysym, got XF86KbdLightOnOff: line 70 of pc
expected keysym, got XF86KbdBrightnessDown: line 71 of pc
expected keysym, got XF86KbdBrightnessUp: line 72 of pc
The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
Warning:          Type "ONE_LEVEL" has 1 levels, but <RALT> has 2 symbols
                  Ignoring extra symbols
Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server

VIA(0) drmAgepAcquire failed

The result is the same between kdm-3.5 and kdm-4.0 except on display speed

If I use kdm-4.0, the screen display is really slow, I really think agp
is totally disabled, and everything take long time to be show even if I
use kde-4.0 or kde-3.5 session

Now I have try the same on kdm-3.5, speed is good on kde-4.0 or kde-3.5,
I think agp is good on it

I have look in Xorg.0.log, dri and agp are well activated

What happen ? Did I miss a use option ?

opengl and dri are totally activated on my use,

perhaps I have to try another drivers for via unichrome ?

In kernel, I have disabled AGP for VIA (because i think it's not a via
unichrome drivers), and activate DRI for VIA (it's a via unichrome dri
drivers)

with or without AGP for VIA in kernel, I have the same message on all
log, so ...

Did you have an idea ?

I'm not real sure but I do have the USE flag dri in my make.conf. xorg-server is the package that shows it uses it but there may be other packages.

To find out if you have a flag enabled or not, you can do a emerge -pv <package-name> and then look in the list to see if it is enabled or not. Something like this:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] / # emerge -pv xorg-server

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild R ] x11-base/xorg-server-1.3.0.0-r5 USE="dri ipv6 nptl sdl xorg xprint -3dfx -debug -dmx -kdrive -minimal" INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse -acecad -aiptek -calcomp -citron -digitaledge -dmc -dynapro -elo2300 -elographics -evdev -fpit -hyperpen -jamstudio -joystick -magellan -microtouch -mutouch -palmax -penmount -spaceorb -summa -synaptics -tek4957 -ur98 -vmmouse -void -wacom" VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia -apm -ark -chips -cirrus -cyrix -dummy -epson -fbdev -fglrx -glint -i128 -i740 -i810 (-impact) -imstt -mach64 -mga -neomagic (-newport) -nsc -nv -r128 -radeon -rendition -s3 -s3virge -savage -siliconmotion -sis -sisusb (-sunbw2) (-suncg14) (-suncg3) (-suncg6) (-sunffb) (-sunleo) (-suntcx) -tdfx -tga -trident -tseng -v4l -vesa -vga -via -vmware -voodoo" 0 kB

Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 kB
[EMAIL PROTECTED] /

If you have color on yours, red is enabled and blue is disabled. If not color, the flags with the minus sign is front are disabled. You can do a euse -i <flag name> to see a short, very short, description of what the flag does or it's use.

If you change make.conf, you can do a emerge -avN world to make sure all the needed packages are recompiled with the changes.

I have never seen that error before. Not real sure what to think about it. Anybody else here have a clue??

Dale