Dale wrote:
Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
hi

can i have a list of Gentoo Linux basic commands to start with

Thanks and Regards

Kaushal

With regard to? There are a lot of commands in Gentoo. Emerge is a huge one. eix, equery is a couple of others.

The most common commands for me are emerge --sync, I actually use eix-sync but same thing and emerge -uvDN world. The first syncs the tree to the latest and the second updates whatever is new.

Your mileage may vary on this.
Dale

:-)  :-)

Oh, man is a good one too. man emerge, man equery, man eix etc etc. Sort of tells you how to use them, if you speak, Greek. That rhyme? LOL

Dale