On Wed, 2008-03-26 at 23:24 +0530, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 9:46 PM, Neil Bothwick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>         On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 21:17:07 +0530, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
>
>         > when i restart sshd I get PRNG is not seeded
>         >
>         > # /etc/init.d/sshd restart
>         > PRNG is not seeded
>

>         Does /dev/urandom exist? What are it's permissions?
>

>         --
>         Neil Bothwick
>
>         Never eat more than you can lift.
>
> Hi
>
> Thanks for the clue,
>
> Both the files /dev/random and /dev/urandom are missing in my system.
>
> How do i go ahead in fixing this issue
>
> Thanks and Regards
>
> Kaushal

I'm not sure if this is a permanent solution because /dev is a tmpfs
created by udev on startup (maybe there is your problem?) but you could
try

mknod -m 444 /dev/random c 1 8
mknod -m 444 /dev/urandom c 1 9

Both commands are taken from Linux from Scratch.

There is a static /dev lying on your root-partition. It should have been
created when you extracted your stage3-tarball during installation.
Maybe there is something wrong with that one and udev doesn't create
(u)random when they are not in the static one. To see the static /dev
you must unmount /dev, which you can only do from a live-cd.