On Thursday 27 March 2008, Florian Philipp wrote:

> This is getting OT but I still want to ask:
> Is it really necessary to run an anti-virus on linux? I just want
> to hear some opinions on that topic because I thought security
> fixes for your software are the way to go for fighting virae on
> linux.

FWIW: I have been using Linux workstations for over 10 years now
without any virus protection. Not a single accident.

On the other hand, if you run a Linux server (say a mail server) for a
mixed environment you definitely want a virus scanner on your server
to protect your Windows clients.

Uwe

--
Informal Linux Group Namibia: