Mark Knecht wrote:
On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 10:46 AM, Norberto Bensa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Mark Knecht wrote:
 > I never emerge everything I see in the list since most are
 > dependencies themselves and I don't want to add them to my world file.

 emerge -1 what-ever-dep-you-dont-want-in-world

Of course, if I Want to figure out which 10 items shouldn't be in my
world file. I'm doing that right now with an openmotif emerge. However
I was saying that if I see a big list of items, do equery depends one
of the items, see something like k3b or even gnome, then emerging
gnome picks up the dependencies even easier than using -1. At least I
feel that way, but that's just me.

- Mark
I usually do this too, unless the number of ports to upgrade is very small. One tip that might save you time, add --tree to your emerge call and you can tell at a glance when an ebuild with a lot of dependencies is in your list.